Are you planning a Lake Cachuma camping trip? If yes, then this guide is for you.
Earlier last year, my friends and I decided to go for a Lake Cachuma camping trip; it was an excellent experience while camping at Lake Cachuma. While returning, I decided to write an entire blog about my Cachuma lake camping tour. I will try to include everything you need to know, i.e., lake Cachuma camping reservations, campgrounds, recreation areas,
cabins, and more. So let’s begin,
Best Lake Cachuma Campground / Cachuma lake Campground
Cachuma Lake is located in the North of Santa Barbara. Santa Barbara country parks operate four Cachuma lake campgrounds located at the lake’s southern shore. They are famous for Cachuma lake camping facilities such as (RV and tent camping, cabins, yurt camping, and group camping areas), natural activities (Eagle and wildlife lake cruises, trails and nature program, and the Neal Taylor nature’s center). You can also participate in activities such as ( Fishing, Fishing Tournaments, Boat rentals, guided nature walks, Nature cruises, junior ranger programs, Visit nearby wine tower, kiteboarding at Leadbetter beach), Well, there are even more activities That You do which I will explain below
There are more than 400 campsites for RVs, Trailers, and tents that are being offered by lake Cachuma campgrounds.
Cachuma Lake Campgrounds / Cachuma Lake Recreation Areas
This Area consists of a playground, Land Memorial Grove, Fireside Theater, and I would Say an excellent area to hang out with family; the only thing that lacks is that there are No RV Hook-ups Campsites.
This Area Consists of a nature center That features local wildlife, plant communities, and more. General Store is also located in this Area, stocked with groceries, gasoline, propane, Camping equipment, etc. Most of the Campsites located in This Area Come with Full Hook-ups.
Apache area is great for playing golf, Enjoying Pools, It Also consists of a snack shop and a Laundry Located nearby. It also comes with full hookups sites.
This Area is located on the eastern side of the campground at martini cove. You won’t find campsites with hookups in this Area
Cachuma Lake camping basics
- Cachuma lake campsites are located at an elevation of 900 feet
- There are a total number of 400 campsites in Cachuma lake
- Almost 100 campsites have full hookups, and around 30 campsites have only electric and water hookups.
- Only a maximum number of 6 people are allowed per campsite ( including children)
- Pets are allowed but should always be put on a leash
- Santa Barbara Country parks operate Cachuma Lake campground
- There is a 2-night minimum stay limit on Friday and Saturday and 3 nights during weekends.
- Lake Cachuma also have 10 group camps for lake Cachuma Group camping
- There is also a hike & and bike site at lake Cachuma Campground
Lake Cachuma group camping
-Lake Cachuma Have 10 Group Camping sites for sizes ranging from 38 -120
-Group campsites have amenities like picnic tables, BBQ grills, food preparation Equipment, Electricity, and Piped Water.
-Group Sites Charges from $220 to $840 per night depending on the size of the groups
Lake Cachuma Camping/Campsite fees
- Basic Campsites Charges $15-$25
- Premium Lake View Campsites Charges $35-$45
- Partial Hookup Campsites Charges $35
- Full Hookup Campsites charges $50
- Cachuma Lake campgrounds offer 10 group camping areas for a maximum of 120 people; they charge around $220-$600.
- Lake Cachuma Yurt Camping Charges ranges from $50-$100 per night
- Vehicle charges are $4 for every 2nd Vehicle
- Pet Charges-$3 per day fee ( Max 2 Allowed )
- Lake Cachuma Rv Camping Charges $65 to $80 per night.
Lake Cachuma Campground / Campsite Amenities
- Most of the campsites have basic amenities like a picnic table, fire ring with grill, Some sites with hookups ( water supply, electricity .)
- All Campgrounds have a restroom with flush toilets, laundromat, general stores; they also have a swimming pool, amphitheater, playground, and recreation hall.
5 Lake Cachuma Camping activities you’ll love!
1)Boat rental At lake Cachuma
Although you cannot swim in Lake Cachuma as it is prohibited, you can rent a boat and have a spectacular view of the lake surrounded by beautiful mountains
2)guided nature walks
you can get a guide for free at lake Cachuma for a beautiful half a mile walk exploring through the oak woodland and wilderness.
3)Nature cruise at lake Cachuma
Lake Cachuma has a lot of variety of wildlife and plant species; if you are a wildlife enthusiast, this is for you
4)Junior ranger program
kids love this program; it involves joining a park naturalist where they offer information about the environment nearby. the kids earn badges each time they progress
5)Fishing at lake Cachuma
If you Love Fishing, this activity is for you. There are many species of fish available like bass, Trout, Catfish, Bluegill, and more. it’s a great way to keep family involved
4 Important Points about Lake Cachuma campgrounds
- As regulated by the forest department, always buy firewoods from local sources in order to prevent the spread of disease and insects.
- As Cachuma Lake is the source of drinking water, Any Body contact with water is prohibited as directed by the state health department.
- Pets must be on a leash or caged
- Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 pm, the generator won’t be allowed to be used during this time
June lake Camping Guide
Bass Lake Camping Guide
Lake Tahoe Camping Guide
Lake Perris Camping Guide