Recently, My Friends and I decided to go on a June Lake camping trip. When we returned, many of my colleagues started questioning about camping at June Lake, June Lake RV camping, June Lake campgrounds, etc., So I wrote a complete article on camping at June Lake.
- Be bear aware; always put all your food items in a bear-proof box provided by campsites or put them in your car
- while camping at June Lake, don’t feed any wild animals as the forest department restricts it
- Be ready to pay for your vehicle at campsites,
- The maximum you can stay is 14 days, not more than that. Lake Camping
Well, I loved my June lake camping trip, but there are some things I wished I had known earlier. As far as I know, there are 6-7 June Lake campgrounds out there, which I think is probably best for camping at June Lake.
Recommended: Lake Pleasant Camping
1. June Lake Campground
If you love fishing, the June Lake campground can be heaven for you because this area has some great fishing destinations. You cannot only fish but also do other great activities like boat rentals, sightseeing, and hiking to the beautiful Ansel Adams Wilderness ( carry hiking boots ). June Lake Campground is also a doorway to other activities like riding the scenic June mountain lift and visiting nearby Mono or Mammoth Lake; you can also hike to the beautiful.
Fern Lake, cycling along June Lake Loop Road, is also a great option.
Some important points about June Lake Campground/June Lake camping reservations /June Lake camping RV/RV camping June lake
- June Lake Campground Reservations – whenever June Lake Campground is open, you can make a reservation up to 6 months in advance; most June lake camping RV starts in April (Suggestion: quickly book your slot as soon as you plan for a June Lake camping trip)
- All campsites in June Lake Campground provide all necessary amenities for camping in June Lake.
- June lake camping reservations charge for camping in June lake campground is somewhere around $22.32 (+$2 during holidays)
2. Gull Lake Campground
Gull Lake Campground is considered to be the smallest of all June lake campgrounds, as well as the most underrated one. What fascinates me the most is the views of the surroundings
if you want to spend some time with yourself, that’s for you. It is also known as “Switzerland of the Sierra” locally. It has also got some great picnic spots and a playground for kids
Some important points about Gull Lake Campground
- Gull Lake Campground is perfect for those who want to spend time with nature.
- The Gull Lake Campground reservation charge is $22
- Pets are allowed but always on a lease
3. Oh! Ridge Campground
Before we begin, here’s a Question – Do you Love Swimming? If yes, then this Oh Ridge Campground is just perfect for you. surrounded by a beautiful beach, it is just a great a place to have fun with your family members, apart from this there are other activities as well you can try, some of them are boating, snow sports, climbing, off-roading(OHV)
paddling, horseback riding, hiking, and fishing.
Some important points about Oh Ridge Campground
- Oh! Ridge Campground reservation charge is $30 + $10 extra reservation charge
- Max 6 people allowed per site
- Pets are allowed but always on a lease
- All campsites in Oh Ridge Campground provide all necessary amenities for June Lake camping
4. Reversed Creek Campground
Reversed Creek Campground sits at 7,600 feet, surrounded by matured aspen trees. If you are looking for personal space, camping here might be an option. Many wild animals like black bears, mountain lions, mule deer, pine marten, pika, and numerous birds and fishes can be sighted here.
Some important points about Reversed Creek Campground
- Reversed Creek Campground camping reservation charge is around $25
- Reversed Creek campgrounds are great for those who want to get some wild animal sightings.
- Be cautious when moving upwards to this campsite from a lower elevation
5. Silver Lake Campground
Silver Lake Campground is located between Silver Lake and the beautiful scenery of the Ansel wilderness in the eastern Sierra. You can do a lot of activities here. silver lake campground
have some great restaurants as well as a lot of other great attractions. Nearby Rush Creek is famous for flyfish
Some important points about Silver Lake Campground
- Silver Lake Campground reservation charges start from $10 and can vary up to $50
- Some amenities like Showers and tap water are available in the Silver Lake Campground
Read some other excellent lake camping guides here
Best Restaurants to Visit During Camping June Lake
- June Lake Brewing – One-stop Bear destination
- The Silver Lake café- Perfect family restaurant
- Tiger Bar- Get hangover
- Carson Peak inn-Great Scenery
- How to Build RV Parks? – Tips, Trends, and Insider Insights! - 25 November 2023
- All-in-1 Lake Tahoe Camping Guide – Lake Tahoe Camping - 9 November 2023
- All-in-1 Lake Cachuma Camping Guide – Cachuma Lake camping - 8 November 2023